What is the District and Why Join?
Unified Fire Service Area (UFSA) is a Special Service Area of the State of Utah. The focus and purpose of UFSA is to provide funding for fire-related services. The funding mechanism for these services is primarily through a property tax.
UFSA is not a service provider of emergency services, it is a taxing entity that uses collected taxes to go directly towards fire costs. UFSA is a proud member of Unified Fire Authority (UFA). UFA is a governmental entity that provides emergency services on behalf of its member entities. UFA is an interlocal agreement with entities around the valley. Members enjoy great emergency services while obtaining economies of scale. There is no contract between UFA and its members. The members are owners of the UFA.
The following entities currently belong to UFSA:
- Copperton Township
- Eagle Mountain City
- Emigration Township
- Herriman City
- Kearns Township
- Magna Township
- Midvale City
- Millcreek City
- Riverton City
- Taylorsville City
- White City Township
- Unincorporated Salt Lake County
- Cottonwood Heights City
- Holladay City
- Town of Alta
Firefighters do more than just put out fires. Here are some of the functions that your firefighters do on a daily basis.
- Respond to medical emergencies which make up 80% of all calls
- Provide Support to city events
- Business and Fire Safety Inspections
- School programs teaching Fire Safety and Awareness
- Emergency Management and Planning (city support and field support)
- Volunteer coordination
- Provide Training classes to the public such as; CERT, CPR, and Merit Badges